☔ Seattle Visit
Prior to the new year, Lorena and I talked about taking the initiative to travel more. Sticking to our word, we just returned from a quick trip to Seattle.
For close to a year we have discussed the possibility of going to Seattle, so when we saw a gap in our schedule, we purchased tickets for a four-day trip.
Lorena and I are similar in the way we like to travel. We don’t plan many activities ahead of time, but rather “go with the flow” once in the location. Our idea prior to going was to walk around a bit, go to Pike Place Market, try some coffee shops, do a little shopping, book a nice restaurant, and to just discover Seattle’s beauty.
It was a brief visit, but we were able to:
- Stay at a nice hotel that was centrally located.
- Have a Washington wine tasting and food in the Space Needle.
- Walk around the Chihuly Garden & Glass museum.
- Participate in a guided seafood tour of Pike Place Market, where we got to sample amazing seafood and learn the history of Seattle.
- Ride the Seattle Great Wheel.
- Walk around the city and try new restaurants.
- Drink coffee at the original Starbucks and try other Cafés with incredible coffee. Seattle is known as a coffee hub, and it was some of the best that I’ve ever had.
Of course, it rained, it’s Seattle after all. I’m a sucker for sunshine, but didn’t mind it so much. I feel like it wouldn’t be a proper trip to Seattle without a little gray skies and rain. More than anything, we really liked the vibe of the city. There is a big emphasis on sustainability, organic, and nature.
We are back in California now, and we are recharging our batteries quickly before we head out again, this time to Mexico for our friends’ wedding.
👋 Did you like this?
Get future posts emailed to you.